There are three scenarios in which Zapier’s integration can be useful to you:
- Importing contacts to Mailmodo
- Exporting email form submissions to your web applications
- Triggering an email campaign through Mailmodo
Steps to make this work:
- In MailModo’s dashboard. Go to Integrations -> Enable Zapier by clicking on Click to authenticate.
- A pop-up will open which will display an API key ( you can always check your API key by clicking on “See Details” on Zapier. ) and steps to be followed.
3. Next, click on the invite link to get the Mailmodo invite. You will be redirected to Zapier.
4. Login into Zapier ( if you’re not already) and click on accept Invite and Build a Zap.
5. Now we need to create a Zap. Let’s create one for a Google Sheets integration so that form submissions in Mailmodo are automatically populated in the google sheet.
To do this, click on Make a Zap. You will be directed to select the Action Trigger
6. In the ‘App event’, search for Mailmodo and click on it and fill in the details for the trigger.
7. In the ‘trigger event’ select Template submission and continue
8. Next select Mailmodo account. You will be asked to sign-in in the next step. You just need to paste your Mailmodo’s API key and you will be done.
9. In this step, you have to set up the trigger. Enter the name of your Zap, select the template for which the form submissions have to be exported, select the form ID for your template and continue.
10. The trigger is now set up and you can test it by clicking test trigger and continue.
The next step involves connecting the workflow to whichever app you want to export the data to.
11. Since we are making this Zap export our submissions to a google sheet, click on google sheets in the ‘App event’.
12. Select the action event (this is performed when the Zap runs) as ‘Create spreadsheet row’ and continue.
13. Next select which google sheets account you want to continue with and proceed with the next steps.
14. Next, customize the fields based on the spreadsheet you have chosen, ie. match the personalization parameters with the spreadsheet headers. (The spreadsheet that you selected in the first step of creating zap). Map the respective form fields and continue
15. You can review the details and click on test & continue
16. Now, Zapier will send the form details to your spreadsheet. At this point, you have successfully created the zap, now just turn on the zap and you’re done!
The Zap has now been created for the chosen template and all submissions henceforth on campaigns with this template will automatically be populated in the google sheet.