Here's a step-by-step guide to setting up your sender domain in Mailmodo:
- On the homepage, click on Settings-> Sender Settings
- Click on Add New Sender:
3. Enter the sender mail address from which the mails are to be sent.
4. Next, choose type of SMTP:
a) If the domain hasn't been previously used for email marketing, and as a result isn't registered with any SMTP such as AWS, Sendgrid or Pepipost, you may go ahead with Mailmodo SMTP.
Here's a step by step guide to add a sender email that uses Mailmodo SMTP.
b) If your domain is registered with any other SMTP, you may configure your Sender Settings in the following way:
- For Sendgrid SMTP, step-by-step guide available here
- For AWS SMTP, step-by-step guide available here
- For Pepipost SMTP, step-by-step guide available here
c) You may also choose to configure your Sender Settings using a Custom SMTP. For that, you will need to enter the SMTP Name, SMTP Username, SMTP Password, Host and Port details in the form that appears upon choosing Custom SMTP:
5. If the sender has configured the domain with Mailmodo's SMTP, they will need to enter the generated dkim, dmarc and spf records to their domain records. Here's a step-by-step guide to do the same. If the domain is already configured with another SMTP, this step isn't required.
6. Once domain records have been updated, the user needs to fill the following whitelisting form for AMP approval:
Once this form is filled, a mail is automatically sent on behalf of the user to Google for AMP approval. The approval process from Google usually takes 4-5 days. Once the mail address has been whitelisted for AMP by Google, you're all set to send out dynamic AMP mail campaigns through Mailmodo.